- http://medicine.iupui.edu/clinpharm/ddis/ – This site provides a table that is designed as a hypothesis testing, teaching and reference tool for physicians and researchers interested in drug interactions that are the result of competition for, or effects on, the human cytochrome P450 system.
- Medscape – Access to 62 full text journals, many non-journal periodicals and professional publications, Medline, online medical textbooks, and journal scanning to extract highlights from recent literature within chosen fields. Conference listings; direct CME offerings; news items.
- WebMD – Consumer-focused content. Medscape is their physician content site. This site provides access to a wide array of physician-focused and medical office internet-based services.
Databases, Research, and Scientific Resources
- Organizing Medical Networked Information (OMNI) – OMNI offers free ac/cess to a searchable catalogue of Internet sites covering health and medicine.
- Merck Manual – This web site provides access to the 17th edition of the Merck Manual.
- National Organization for Rare Disorders-Rare Disease Database – This is a web site provided by the National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc. (NORD) which offers a database of rare diseases.
- Cancer Detection and Prevention Online – This is an International Society for Preventive Oncology (ISPO) web site that offers access to current and past issues of Cancer Detection and Prevention journals. $225 annual subscription fee. Some free browsing.
- Pesticides, Metals, & Chemical – This is US FDA/Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) web site provides information regarding pesticides, metals, and chemical contaminants in food(s).
- Medical Biochemistry Subject List – This web site offers details on specific biochemistry and medical subjects.
- Elsevier Science – This web site provides access to purchasing of research publications and journals in the physical, life and social sciences.
- British Medical Journal – All articles of BMJ are available for free online – a tremendous resources.
- The Lancet
- Clinical Evidence – Compendium of clinical evidence by BMJ contains best available evidence for effective health care. Free on-line access to the full text of the first issue.
- NLM Clinical Trials Database – Location, design, purpose, criteria and other information on NIH clinical trials.
- PubMed – National Library of medicine; free access to Medline.
- Herb Research Foundation (HRF) – This web site provides access to HRF, a nonprofit research and educational organization focusing on herbs and medicinal plants.
- American Botanical Council’s (ABC’s) Herbal Information – This web site provides information about herbs that have been compiled from a number of reputable scientific sources including the German Commission E Monographs, Botanical Safety Handbook, and numerous clinical trials that have been referenced in HerbalGram, their quarterly publication.
- Healthfinder – This web site provides consumer health and human services information developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. It provides access to selected online publications, clearinghouses, databases, web sites, and support and self-help groups.
- NIH Consumer Health Information – This web site provides access to consumer publication titles specific to certain conditions/diseases.
- Medherb – This web site of Medical Herbalism, a quarterly journal of clinical herbalism. It provides links to medical information and to any resource relevant to medicinal herbs or herbalism practiced in clinical settings, plus sample articles on hundreds of herbs.
- HerbNET – This web site provides information and sales of herbs, herb products and remedies, and herb publications.
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) – This web site provides access to FAAN, a nonprofit organization established to increase public awareness about food allergy and anaphylaxis. It offers, among other things, a bimonthly newsletter, product alerts, and updates on food allergy.
- Dr. Duke’s Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases – Database of phytochemical ingredients for herbs and spices
- Avoiding Drug Interactions – This is a consumer-oriented website that discusses food and drug interactions in common terms that will be familiar to patients.